Monday, November 11, 2013

Sock monkey hat and mittens!

Im Pretty happy about this one :)

I am happy to finally get a chance to try these mittens! Ive seen these on Pintrest before but never really put any thought into it.... UNTIL NOW! As times are a little hard right now with Christmas coming up and not having any spare change, I thought we needed a new christmas tree (since I didnt like how our old raggedy one looked) I found this tree on craigslist so i made a deal with the lady. She needed a hat and mittens for her grandson and I needed the christmas tree that she had posted. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to meet up and trade. I hope that her 2 year old grandson likes it because i know my kids thought it was cool!
Anyways on to the pattern that I got (click the text) is HERE! But they where solid colors and i just tweeked it in to my own creation.. 
These are the toddler size mittens:
* I joined with white at the 7th round (past the thumb whole)
* I ran 2 rounds of white
* I joined with red and finished it off

Eyes
* magic circle, ch 1, 6 sc in circle and pull tight. make 2
I usually cut the piece of yarn a little longer because thats what I use to sew them on (on all of my projects)

Mouth
* with white, ch 6. sc in 2nd ch from hook and down to last st (this is where i joined the red)
* with red, ch 1, 3 sc in first st, sc in next 5 st, 3 sc in following then sc in rest of st. join  

BAM a simple sock monkey hat and mittens!!
enjoy :)

2 comments: