Sunday, March 8, 2015

The amazing "MikeMitts"!

To explain a little about these MikeMitts, These where made for a special man in my life who has been put through a lot these last few months and with many more hurdles ahead of him. He was in a serious snowmobile accident and was stranded outside in sub-zero temperatures and ended up getting frostbite on his hands and feet. This week he underwent his first amputation to his hands. So I thought I would do something nice for him and after talking to my cousin for a little while she told me about how he would like something for his hands, they get cold at night and he would love to get a pair of mitts. So I thought I would put my imagination to work. I came up with these adult size mitts for amputees, 
This man is a inspiration to me, to his wife, daughter, family and friends. Even after all that has happened he still has his sense of humor, still cracking jokes and is caring a smile with him. Life is going to be tough for him, my aunt and cousin for a while. They will find a way to push forward as we always have. They have so much love and support from everyone one and I am happy to help in any way I can. If you are looking to help, the family has set up a donation page in his honor Give Forward (Mike Rich) 
 These MikeMitts are extra special to me considering he named the pattern (yes you heard me right, he named the pattern). I gave him the option to name it if he would like to name it or not and he did! Oh how I cant wait to see my family, hug them and remind them how much I love them.. 



Materials:
*worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart with love and I love this yarn at hobby lobby)
*H/5.00mm & I/5.50mm hook
*Yarn needle to tie in ends when finished

Stitches:
Magic Circle
Hdc: Half Double Crochet
Fphdc: Front post half double crochet
Bphdc: back post half double crochet
Fpsc: Front post single crochet
Bpsc: Back post single crochet

Special notes:
** Always join to first st in each round, and ALWAYS work your first st in the same sp as join in each round unless stated otherwise.** Your front post with be worked in a front post. back post in back post. etc..

WITH I HOOK
Rnd 1: Magic Circle, ch 1, 11 hdc in circle, pull tight to close. Join (12)

Rnd 2: ch 1, 2 hdc in each st around. Join. (24)

Rnd 3: ch 1, hdc in each sp around. Join. (24)

Rnd 4: ch 1, *hdc in next 3, 2 hdc in next* repeat around. Join. (30)

Rnd 5: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

Rnd 6: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

Rnd 7: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

Rnd 8: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

Rnd 9: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

Rnd 10: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

Rnd 11: ch 1, hdc in each space across. Join. (30)

WITH H HOOK
Rnd 12: ch 1, fphdc in first, bphdc in next, *Fphdc in next, bphdc in next* repeat around. Join. (30)

Rnd 13: ch 1, fphdc in first, bphdc in next, *Fphdc in next, bphdc in next* repeat around. Join. (30)

Rnd 14: ch 1, fphdc in first, bphdc in next, *Fphdc in next, bphdc in next* repeat around. Join. (30)

Rnd 15: ch 1, fphdc in first, bphdc in next, *Fphdc in next, bphdc in next* repeat around. Join. (30)

Rnd 16: ch 1, fpsc in first, bpsc in next, *fpsc in next, bpsc in next* repeat around. Join. (30)

FASTEN OFF



    

No comments:

Post a Comment