Tuesday, January 15, 2013

tonight's dinner Goulash (with recipe)

Goulosh - Brown Ground Beef (about 1- 1.5 lbs) with garlic salt, pepper, a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 of a chopped onion. Add can of Rotel tomatoes (with green chilies), can of corn, and cooked noodles (3 cups). Continue cooking to heat through. Put in 9x13 dish and sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese. Bake 350 for 25 min. Serve with a little sour cream and salsa.
I found this recipe all the ( ) is what I did instead
Goulash~
* Brown 1- 1 1/2 lbs of Hamburger (I used 2lbs), season with garlic salt, pepper, a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 onion finely chopped (or some onion powder).
* Boil water and cook your noodles (about 3 cups after there cooked)
* when done add rotel tomatoes with green chili's (or Rotel tomatoes chili ready) and a can of corn (I did not use this) to the noodles and ground beef. continue cooking to heat through, put in a 9 x 13 dish (or casserole dish) and sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese.
* Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or untill cheese is a nice golden brown
   After done you can put sour cream on top with salsa


My kids really liked this they said "this homemade goulash is awesome" so I guess it was a hit for them, but then Mike wasn't a big fan of it (he dose not like chunks of tomatoes and I don't care for them to much either). I thought this was a nice twist on the "regular" goulash; I get tired of the plain-ness of it. So in this recipe I used the tomato's that where chili ready, i think it gives it a bit of a kick :) but I also didn't like the idea of the corn in it *yuck* maybe some chili beans or kidney beans?!?!
Like I said I thought it was pretty good, Let me know how it turned out or what you did different .... Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment