Oh my goodness it seems like it has been forever since the last time I wrote and published something on my blog! OH it feels so good! For those that have been checking on my blog its been a long 5 to 6 months! There has been a lot going on and I just havent had much time to be on my blog.. My daughter was diagnosed with pre-B cell average risk A.L.L. Leukemia in February of this year 2014, It has been a crazy ride going through all this with her and with the family but we are getting through it one step at a time. We only have a few more months to go then she will be DONE with CHEMO!! YYIIPPEE!!!!
I have been working on things here and there but I was making her a ton of hats until I realized that she had PLENTY hahaha. I found this hat I made a while back and wrote down the pattern I used for it so i thought I would share before we have to leave this afternoon. I still have such a hard time writing my work down and when I do I feel its not perfect. So if you find any mistakes or have any questions just ask and I will fix or help :) Thanks everyone for stopping! HAPPY CROCHETING
click Here for the link!!
H hook (5.00mm)
dc: double crochet
3 dc cl: 3 double crochet cluster (3 double crochet in same space)
dvs: double V st (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same space)
sc: single crochet
slst: slip stitch
I used red heart super saver pink camo for one and a white yarn I bought from Big lots (the one from big lots is really thin)
*Always join to first dc made in each row unless specified otherwise!
1. Magic ring, ch 2, 13 dc in ring. Pull tight and join. ch 2
2. 2 dc in same sp as joing and 2 dc in each st around. join. ch 2
3. 1 dc in same sp as join, *2 dc in next, 1 dc* repeat around. join. ch 2
4. 1 dc in join, 1 dc in next *2 dc in next, 1 dc in next 2* repeat around. join ch 2
5. 2 dc in same st as join, skip 2 dc, 3 dc cl in 3rd st, skip 2 st and 3 dc cl in next. repeat all around (towards the end you will come up with an odd number of stitches just keep going). join to top of ch 2. sl st to next space between 2 3dc cl. ch 2
6-9. 2 dc in same sp, 3 dc cl into next space between clusters, and into each around. sl st to top of ch 2. ch 2 (until round 10)
10-11. ch 1, sc in same sp and each around. join. ch 1 (until round 12)
12. ch 2, dc, ch 2, 2dc in same sp as join. skip 3 and dvs into 4th st. repeat around. (there will be an odd amount of stitches again just keep going) join to top of ch 2. FASTEN OFF :)